Dear Valued Customer,
As we continue to monitor Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments closely, the health and well-being of our employees, customers, and their employees is of utmost importance to us.
As a critical partner to your business, we also understand that eliminating any impact this health event could have on our service to our clients is imperative. We are keenly focused on our preparedness efforts to maintain a safe work environment for our employees and to sustain our business operations – while executing with urgency to support you, our customers.
Security, safety and well-being are integral to our services, business processes and infrastructure. We have a robust, global, integrated Crisis Management Program in place to keep our operations running smoothly so that we can provide you with the best possible service. As such, we have activated, as part of the Business Continuity Program, our Pandemic Response Plan, which includes:
- Proactive global monitoring of COVID-19
- Identification of critical skills and contingency plans for back-up support
- Enabling work from home capabilities within impacted regions
- Deploying a global strategy to coordinate the delivery of services and support to our customers
- Providing our employees with information and best practices to prevent the spread of any illness
- Coordinating global and local communications with our customers and partners limiting all non-essential travel
- Requiring all internal and external meetings to be conducted via video conferencing in lieu of in-person meetings, wherever possible.
- Our global field services and 24/7 global network operations centers will remain working and there should be no disruption in support or the way that you contact them today.
Along with these steps, RigNet has taken a number of other actions to ensure we are fully capable of supporting our customers while protecting the health of our employees.
These steps include:
While some offices remain open for critical personnel, RigNet ran a global work from home test on Monday, March 16 to ensure that all employees could access all corporate applications, file-shares and desk-phones from home.
All RigNet employees have Microsoft Teams enabled for Remote Collaboration, and over 50% have a WebEx back-up.
RigNet has implemented a network moratorium on non-essential changes including 3rd party suppliers but is continuing to fulfill all contracted requests for capacity.
RigNet is working with all global teleport and data center providers to make sure that on-site “remote-hand” support is available on-demand while current travel restrictions for infrastructure technicians.
RigNet has executed our Virtual NOC BCDR plan – which means that all of Global Customer Care personnel have confirmed 100% access from home to all in-bound and out-bound call center tools, Network Management tools, Ticketing systems, and same level of remote access to customer sites.
RigNet Facilities staffed by RigNet personnel have moved to restricted access [to all outside visitors] and limited onsite staff critical personnel, with home back-up to increase social distancing.
We will continue to monitor this fluid situation and will shift workloads, as necessary, to ensure essential services remain operable. RigNet has demonstrated unwavering support to our customers in past emergency situations, and in dealing with the present circumstances, we will continue to be resolute about delivering uninterrupted services to all our customers.
As always, we thank you for your business. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your account manager for any assistance you may need. If you have additional questions regarding our Business Continuity Program, please contact us at [email protected]
Chief Executive Officer & President