SOIL Access and SOIL Services
The SOIL (Secure Oil Information Link) network is a fully managed high-performance communications network hub owned and operated by EPIM. The network is built to operate independent from other networks, including Internet. It enables operators on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS) and their business partners and suppliers to cost effectively collaborate cross the company without having to establish multiple point-to-point connections.
The simple way to share information securely
RigNet is a highly qualified SOIL Service Provider (SSP) delivering SOIL access and connectivity to a variety of remote offshore locations. RigNet’s extensive knowledge and experience with the SOIL Network enables our customers to share information fast, reliably and securely. As an approved SSP, RigNet can provide your company with all available services on SOIL.
SOIL Services provided by RigNet:
- Redundant SOIL access with firewall (10Mb -1Gb)
- Redundant SOIL access to offshore locations
- End-to-end monitoring and online statistics
- 24/7 network monitoring and tech support
- Multipurpose access to RigNet with the following options in addition to the SOIL access
- Interconnect to United Kingdom, Singapore, United States, Brazil, Middle East, Africa, Brazil and Australia
- Server hosting to remote locations in high-class data centers in Norway and other major locations
- Video and voice solutions optimized for remote locations
Hosting services and high-performance applications hosted by RigNet
Increasingly, upstream oil and gas companies use applications hosted externally and delivered online, rather than installing and supporting the applications internally. As part of our ongoing commitment to providing value-added services for the Oil & Gas industry, RigNet is dedicated to making new solutions specifically designed to aid collaboration in the oil and gas industry available through RigNet Energy Collaboration networks and SOIL. Our hosting services let you avoid the time, expense and complexity of running applications internally. RigNet can host single-server applications or large applications with thousands of users. We deploy your application rapidly with extreme scalability, redundancy and exceptionally high uptime.
- Offshore Hosting – Hosting of necessary IT infrastructure onboard drilling rigs, including email, file server, computers and printers.
- License2Share – Cross-company licensing application with more than 5,000 users
- DaWinci POB – Personnel Onboard solution
- EPIM ReportingHub – A flexible knowledge base for receiving, validating, storing, analyzing and transmitting reports
- EPIM EnvironmentHub – A database for gathering and analyzing environmental data
- Video Collaboration – Hosting of shared or client-owned videoconferencing infrastructure for video communication
- SAM-X – A webmap solution to improve coexistence between the fishing, oil and seismic industries
- High-performance applications hosted by RigNet
RigNet hosting services
In addition to providing a physical hosting solution for your applications, RigNet hosting can also provide full-scale assistance on operations, maintenance and help desk services.
Typical services include:
- Hardware rental in highly secure and redundant hosting facilities
- Operations support (virus protection, software updates, hardware maintenance, etc.)
- Monitoring of applications and hardware
- Access to SOIL
- Secure log-in
- Storage, backup and disaster recovery
- Help desk
- Customer support center