Keeping Oil Personnel and Vendors Connected
In today's competitive oil industry, time is of the essence. Crucial decisions must be made quickly either from a remote location or locations within the rig's perimeter. RigNet provides the reliable landline services and wireless technology clients need to stay in contact with their personnel and suppliers. From cord and wireless telephones to two-way radios, fax communications, intercoms, satellite capabilities and more, we ensure you stay in touch with the oilfield at all times.
- VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) - a small satellite dish that is installed at the site, land or water, and provides multiple communication capabilities. A typical system provides 3 to 6 dial tones (analog or IP telephony) as well as a broadband connection for computers used on the site.
- GlobalStar - a very dependable communications system using Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites to establish a connection. This unit provides a single dial tone and can be used to fax and send low speed digital data.
- StarNet - Internet only VSAT system installed in conjunction with a landline allowing the customer to have a broadband internet connection. Bandwidth is provided through SpaceNet.
- Landlines - “last mile” landline telephone service. Technicians survey the site for the nearest access point and provide the physical address for the location. After an order for telephone service is placed, a network interface is installed by the service provider at the nearest access point. RigNet Technicians then provide equipment and service from the site to the access point.
- Telephones- Cord & Wireless – RigNet provides the system the client prefers.
- Fax Communications - RigNet rents fax/printing/copying/scanning equipment.
- Intercoms - Multiple units can be installed in offices and living quarters on location. These units are also installed at various points on a drilling rig such as the drillers console, dog house, mud tanks, shale shaker, mud logging and MWD trailers. An indoor/outdoor speaker system is also installed. The system provides station-to-station private conversation and gives the client the ability to call out mud weights and mud viscosities, vital to the drilling operation. RigNet is an authorized reseller for Aiphone.
- Two-Way Radio - Commonly referred to as "push to talk", two-way radio services allow operators and contractors to talk on private frequencies. RigNet has recently been awarded five frequencies.
- Marine Radio - Marine Radio service provides RigNet's offshore and inland water customers with communication capabilities between the shore base, dispatcher, crew, work boat, and rig site.
- MSAT - Two way radio. Mobile Satellite Systems is a two way radio real time voice based-service that provides point to point and point to multipoint communication at the push of a button. The system provides push to talk seamless two way communication via satellite instead of radio towers. The system is ideal for the oil & gas industry and first responders such as fire, police and ambulance because it eliminates the vulnerability from hurricanes and other natural disasters.
- Tellular Cellular Transceiver - The Tellular product is a boxed cellular phone that provides fax and low-speed data capabilities. The typical customer for these products will be dispatchers located at dock facilities.
Contact us for additional information.