Mobile Satellite Services
RigNet offers a variety of L-band terminals for mobile communications. In addition RigNet offers Fleet Broadband and vehicular BGAN terminals which provide communications on the pause (COTP) or on the move (COTM) as either the primary or back-up communication channels.
- Enables voice, Internet access and file transfer
- Designed to withstand extreme environments
- Ideal for ‘always-on’ communication requirements
- Stabilization system isolates antenna from motion
The L-band platform brings several critical advantages to customers over other communications choices.
- With unmatched service availability at 99.9% for satellite and ground networks, Inmarsat L-band services are able to perform well in heavy rain fade environments where other technologies struggle.
- L-band terminals are small and very easy to use. BGAN terminals are easier to ‘point’ than competing technology and the terminals are small and light enough to be carried and deployed by individuals.
- Fleet Broadband and vehicular BGAN terminals provide communications on the pause (COTP) or on the move (COTM) which are the hallmark of Inmarsat services.
- L-band services have significant cost advantages in some parts of the world where licenses for fixed VSAT services are many multiples of the cost for an L-band terminal license.
BGAN from RigNet provides high-speed IP data (up to 492 kbps), up to 384 kbps IP streaming, as well as voice, ISDN and fax. Ideal for portable, remote communications for the remote worker, media, first responder, and government / military users.
Bring the office to the ocean with high-speed IP data access, e-mail, Internet and crew calling.
Global Handheld Satellite Phone
The IsatPhone Pro, provides a powerful and convenient device that operates globally with exceptional quality and reliability.